Bob Iger has confirmed a number of things to CNBC:
- The standalone films are confirmed with Kasdan and Kinberg working on them. There are “a few of them.”
- They are based on characters not involved in the Saga (this is vague and could be taken either way)
- Star Wars: Episode VII is still expected to drop in 2015.
- Other films will come out concurrently in that same period of time, leading me to believe that we will be getting a Star Wars film every year starting in 2015.
- Kasdan and Kinberg are consulting with JJ Abrams.
That’s a whole lot of official confirmation for one day.